Centro ricerche in Epidemiologia e Medicina Preventiva - EPIMED
History and our mission
The Centro ricerche in Epidemiologia e Medicina Preventiva "EPIMED" at the Insubria University at Varese, was established on November 22nd, 2010. The EPIMED Centre is connected to the Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. The Director of the Centre is Professor Licia Iacoviello.
The primary aim of the Centre is to promote applied research in the biomedical field and to develop epidemiological methodology and statistics which can be applied to biological phenomena and significant pathologies with substantial social impact.
By nature it is an interdisciplinary centre, encopassing the fields of epidemiology, preventive medicine and biostatistics. This peculiar diversity allows the promotion of a number of scientific collaborations to investigate research questions, utilizing a variety of research methods and statistics in different clinical settings and public health setting.
More on our research projects in Occupational and Preventive Medicine
More on our research projects in Cardiovascular Epidemiology
More on our research projects in Biostatistics
- ATS Insubria di Varese
- Centro Interuniversitario Healthcare research and Pharmacoepidemiology (HRP)
- Centro Studi Sanità Pubblica (CESP), Università di Milano-Bicocca, Monza
- Istituto Neurologico Mediterraneo NEUROMED, Pozzilli (IS), Italy
- Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Roma, Italy
- Progetto BiomarCaRE
- Progetto MORGAM
- Società Italiana di Statistica Medica ed Epidemiologia Clinica (SISMEC)