Teaching Staff

The Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Teaching programme offers teaching staff the opportunity to spend a period teaching at a Higher Education Institution in one of the countries participating in the Erasmus+ programme with the aim of:

  • offering teaching staff an occasion to update their job skills and grow professionally
  • expanding the range and contents of courses
  • promoting the exchange of competencies and experiences on teaching methods


Technical and administrative staff

Erasmus Staff Training Programme allows staff from Higher Education Institutions holding the Erasmus University Charter (EUC) to acquire knowledge and specific know-how from experiences and examples of good practice abroad, as well as practical skills relevant for their current job and professional development.


Research Fellows

The EU and Italian laws consider Research Fellows Candidates as workers, therefore international Research Fellows coming from extra-UE countries shall apply for a Visa for Scientific Research. In order to obtain it a long procedure called “Nulla Osta”, not lasting less than 45 days, is to be taken into account, therefore agree with the department the contract start and plan accordingly your travel to Italy.  The steps are:

  • Provide the International Relations Office with the following documents and information: a copy of your passport; the name, date and institution that delivered your PhD qualification; your marital status;  the presumed date of the fellowship start (to be agreed with the department); your presumed address in Italy (to be agreed with the department); the Italian Embassy/Consulate where you will apply for the Visa;
  • Undersign two copies of the “admission agreement” you will receive from the International Relations Office and send them back by registered mail or courier;
  • The International Relations Office will start the “Nulla Osta” procedure and will inform you about its completion;
  • After the completion of the “Nulla Osta” procedure and notification by the International Relations Office, go to the Italian Embassy/Consulate you indicated and apply for a Visa for Scientific Research.

Once in Italy, by 8 days from your arrival, you will have to apply for a residence permit, in order to do this:

  • Contact immediately the International Relations Office so to organize an appointment at the Immigration service that will prepare your residence permit application;
  • Go to a post office and submit your residence permit application with all the required supporting documents;
  • Pay the due revenues, collect the application receipt and keep it always with your ID, collect the notification for an appointment at the immigration section of the police offices
  • Go to the immigration section of the police offices in the appointment date and follow their instructions
  • Wait for the notification of your residence permit is ready

With the residence permit application receipt always kept with your ID, you will legally be residing in Italy. After receiving the residence permit card, you will be able to freely travel across Schengen countries.


Researchers, Associate Professors and Full Professors employed by Uninsubria

If you are coming from an extra-UE country, follow the same indications and steps described for Research Fellows Candidates.


See also:

Work with us

Departments and research centres
Picture of a city hall
Departments and research centres
Patents, spin-offs and training for researchers
Picture of a researcher in a chemistry lab
Patents, spin-offs and training for researchers
ERA: Researcher's recruitment
Picture of a magnifying glass
ERA: Researcher's recruitment
International agreements
Picture of a world map
International agreements