DD STRUCTURE FSU Jena
Insubria students participating to a double degree program spend their second year studying at the partner University and, once obtained the whole 120 credits due, they will achieve two master degree diplomas: the Italian diploma released by the University of Insubria and the diploma released by the partner University.
The Department of Economics holds a Double Degree agreement with the School of Economics and Busines Administration of the Friedrich Schiller Universität in Jena, involving the MSc GEEM and the MSc in Economics specialisation Innovation and Change. This agreement regards both the specialisations of GEEM master degree: Economics of Innovation (EI) and International Business & Entrepreneurship (IBE). In order to achieve the double degree diploma, GEEM students selected in the program are required to spend their second academic year at the partner University in Germany and to attain at least 42 ECTS credits of the required courses in Jena. All courses within the double-degree program are taught in English.
DD OUTGOING STUDENTS Application process
The call for application to DD programs can be found HERE (n. 63). The call for the a.y. 2019/2020 will be opened from Feb. 1st 2019 to Feb. 21st 2019.
- Applicants have to submit (in English): a cover letter (see Cover letter of the call); a curriculum vitae in European format (with full details: complete contact information, records of university career-BA mark; the list of all the exams passed in the 1st semester); job experiences, if any and the competence in foreign languages; certificate of English proficiency (if any); a motivation letter.
- The Coordination Committee of the Double Degree program will select candidate students according to the following criteria: academic achievements; number of the credits gained on the total due credits; the Bachelor degree final grade; English Language knowledge (minimum Level B2 of the CEFR); motivation.
Students willing to enroll in the DD Program are required to take 6 ECTS in seminar courses during their first year, at Insubria, and 6 ECTS in seminar courses during their second year at the partner University. The Department of Economics offers 4 seminar courses:
- Seminar History of Innovation and Economic Growth (6 ECTS), 1st semester
- Seminar in Innovation Economics 1 (3 ECTS), 1st semester
- Seminar in Industrial Dynamics and Evolution (6 ECTS), 2nd semester
- Seminar in Innovation Economics 2 (3 ECTS), 2nd semester
Each seminar course has a limited number of places available (10/12), thus students have to pre-enroll online at the beginning of each semester
- Selected students will be contacted by the Host University and will receive all the necessary instructions.They have to register at the foreign University Portal master.uni-jena.de and leave their data, save the form, print and send it to the University of Jena. Students have to upload their personal documents (higher education entrance qualifications, University diploma, language certificates, curriculum vitae, motivation letter); the system automatically produces a declaration named “the Admission letter” that has to be e-mailed to the University of Jena. The study place offered has to be confirmed by filling the “Statement of acceptance” form in sending it back within two weeks from the issuing date of the Admission letter.
- The University of Jena will then send the Official Admission letter duly signed in original format. This letter will be brought to the Admission Office of the University of Jena the day of enrollment.
- Students may apply for accommodation through the online application portal provided by the “Studentenwerk Thuringen”
DD INCOMING STUDENTS Application process
Incoming students are selected by their home University. According to the DD agreement, incoming they are enrolled and required to spend their second academic year at the University of Insubria from September to July. They should obtain at least 42 ECTS credits.
They attend all the courses that are listed in their Learning Agreement.The LA will be checked by the Insubria Double Degree Committee.
The pre-application form is on-line at the link Incoming_students from the beginning of April to June 15th. DD students have to
- select the option Visiting students.
- fully complete the section Student Information with High school Degree (Name-Institution, Place, date, and final mark) and Bachelor Degree (Name-Institution, Place, date and final mark)
- fill in the field “briefly state the reasons why you wish to study abroad” mentioning their wish to apply for the Double Degree program;
- indicate if they wish to lodge in the students house “Collegio Cattaneo – Varese” (bottom of the page).
- students have to send by email the Transcripts of records, the Learning Agreement, the certificate of B2 knowledge of English language and a motivation letter to Gabriella Franchi (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
DD incoming students are expected to arrive in Varese at the beginning of September. Classes start at the middle of September.
At the same time they have to apply for the tax code (used by the Public Administration to identify all the citizens living in Italy) at the “Agenzia delle entrate” located in Varese in Via Frattini.
Once at the Department of Economics, incoming DD students have to go to the Foreign Students Office, to meet Ms. Gabriella Franchi.
Moreover, in order to obtain the Insubria Master degree diploma all DD students (both outgoing and incoming students) must defend their Master Thesis. As a consequence, also in the case students decide to do their thesis in Jena, they will be required to defend it in Varese (a video conference Dissertation Session will be organized, if needed).
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität in Jena
Located in Thuringia, the Friedrich-Schiller-Universität was established in Jena in 1558 and is among the ten more ancient universities in Germany. Students will attend the courses of the Master of Science in Economics – specialization in Innovation and Change – of the School of Economics and Business Administration. More information can be found on the Jena Master Program’s web-site.
The area of Jena is among Germany’s fastest growing regions, with many internationally renowned research institutes and companies, a comparatively low unemployment rate and a very young population structure.
DOUBLE DEGREE PROGRAMS
Friedrich Schiller Universität –Jena Germany
Universität Hohenheim – Stuttgart Germany
Presentation on February 12th 2019 1.30 p.m. room 4
All students enrolled in the first year of the Master Course GEEM are invited