ANESTESIA E RIANIMAZIONE
Prerequisites are those provided by the Bachelor''s degree program. In order to be able to take advantage of the course, the student should have a solid knowledge of physiopathology, clinic and diagnostics of major medical and surgical pathologies and adequate knowledge of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the main drugs used in emergency settings.
The course aims to provide the student, with the help of front lessons and exercises on simulator mannequins, knowledge of the most common clinical emergency situations that may threaten the survival of patients, adults or children, both in-hospital and out-of-hospital, and diagnostic-therapeutic algorithms of their management with the most appropriate life-saving procedures and electrical and pharmacological therapy.
The expected learning outcomes in terms of ability are mainly those that can be recognized and treated: cardiac arrest with basic and advanced procedures, threatening cardiac arrhythmias, cardiovascular insufficiency, respiratory failure, major traumatic consequences before and after hospitalization. In particular, the student will be enabled as BLSD provider for the AREU of the Lombardy Region.
The basic contents of lessons (L) and exercises on simulator mannequins (E) are:
1) decision-making in clinical emergency situations (L 1 h);
2) organization of in- and out-of-hospital healthcare for emergency and disaster medicine (L 2 h);
3) pathophysiology of respiratory and cardiocirculatory failure (L 2 h);
4) sudden cardiac death and Basic Life Support with early defibrillation (L 4 h + E 5 h for BLSD certificate of the AREU Lombardia);
5) Advanced Life Support in cardiac arrest, recognition and treatment of acute arrhythmias and acute cardiorespiratory failure (L 8 h. + E 4 h.);
6) primary and secondary assessment of trauma and emergency treatment before and after hospitalization (L 6 h + E 4 h of Pre-Hospital Trauma Care);
7) pain treatment in emergencies (L 1 h.).
- M. Chiaranda: Urgenze ed emergenze – Istituzioni. 4a Ed, Piccin, Padova, 2016
- Other material provided by the teacher