A good general knowledge acquired by the media and literary texts
The course aims to introduce the student to the ethical, legal and historical aspects of his/her future practice. Details as follow.
Training the students for a coherent ethical reasoning in biomedical, social and educational contexts of nursing research, practice and work; fostering the personal skills in perceiving a moral dilemma, in justifying an individual evaluation and in dealing with a disagreement inside the staff; implementing the competences in narrative ethics
The student must demonstrate that he acquired knowledge of the legal implications of charitable activities, as well as of the assistance that the health care can provide the administration of justice through advice and expertise. He will therefore have knowledge of the regulatory requirements of the health professions, crimes which require the physician to submit report / complaint of an offense to the court, the main laws concerning health and welfare sector, and the terminology and the medical examiner's reasoning.
HISTORY OF MEDICINE (SDM).
The purpose of course is to encourage students to a critical reading of the cultural and historical medicine.
This purpose will be achieved by providing food for thought on some fundamental issues for several specialized areas of medicine.
Educational virtues and health care skills. Definition of biomedical ethics; bioethics at the beginning and end of life; psychotherapy and ethics; ethical issues in the research, in the clinical practice (truth telling, confidentiality, consent and so on), in the public health care (justice, vaccination, organ transplantation, animal rights, and so on) [for details, see the index of the suggested handbooks]. Teaching methodology: theoretical lessons; group debate; interpretation of emotional responses; applying principles to narrative plots.
Concepts of penal and civil law, general deontology, SSN, INPS, INAIL, medical professions, voluntary and obligatory treatment, informed consent, professional secret, crime notification, law 194/78 - forms of abuse – professional responsibility - clinical record – mobbing
The frontal lessons are focused on the following topics:
- Definition of medicine. From medicine instinctive regular medicine.
- The basics of medicine in the classical world. The body of knowledge Hippocratic-galenical.
- Medication transmission.
- The European Medieval medicine and Universities. The medieval cookbooks.
- Large health problems from the Middle Ages to 'Modern Age. The protagonists of the cure. Places of medicine and places of science.
- The renewal in Modern science. The chapters progress of the knowledge of the human body. New knowledge of anatomy and physiology. The surgeons of the sixteenth century. The sides interpretations of doctrines iatrochemistry and iatromechanics. The optical zoom. Towards the demolition of the doctrine of spontaneous generation. The vaccination.
- The large medical systems to a new understanding of the disease. The mechanisms of social awareness and environmental factors in health and disease. The organ pathology. The victorious statements of basic sciences. The theory phone and cellular pathology.
- The scientific dimension of the nineteenth century. The clinic, hospitals and places of care. Knowledge of semeiotics. The theory phone and cellular pathology. The scene surgery. Medicine and surgery of war. The neutrality of the wounded. The experimental medicine. The identification of infectious agents. The talks between the clinic and laboratory.
- The mental illness. From structures for med men to the mental hospital.
P.M. Cattorini, Bioetica.Metodo ed elementi di base per affrontare problemi clinici, Elsevier, Milano, 4th ed., 2011; P.M. Cattorini, Bioetica e cinema, FrancoAngeli, Milano, 2° ed. 2006; T.L. Beauchamp – J.F. Childress, Principles of Biomedical Ethics, Oxford Univ. Press, last edition; G.Boniolo-P.Maugeri, Eds., Etica alle frontiere della biomedicina Milano, Mondadori, 2014; D. Neri, La bioetica in laboratorio, Roma-Bari, Laterza, 2005.
Macchiarelli L., Arbarello P., Cave Bondi G., Feola T., Compendio di Medicina legale, Minerva Med...
Birkhoff J.M., Nozioni di medicina legale, Franco Angeli, 2011
G. ARMOCIDA - B. ZANOBIO, Storia della medicina, Masson, Milano 2002
G. ARMOCIDA, Donne naturalmente, Franco Angeli, Milano 2011