ASSISTENZA AL PARTO E CHIRURGIA OSTETRICO-GINECOLOGICA
- Assessment methods
- Learning objectives
- Teaching methods
To be able to follow this course and to achieve the requested skills, the student should have prior knowledge of anatomy and basic obstetrics.
The achievement of the learning goals will be assessed with an oral test.
The course will provide students with an in-depth knowledge of normal labor course and possible deviations from normal labor.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- describe modalities of intrapartum fetal monitoring, including their indication and limits
- describe deviations from a normal labor process and their management
- know the role of the midwife in the management of dystocic labour
The course will deal with the following contents:
- Intrapartum fetal monitoring
- Fetal heart rate monitoring: interpretation and classification
- Stages of labor
- Third stage of labor
- Labor induction
- Labor dystocia
F. Bombelli, M.T. Castiglioni. Ginecologia e Ostetricia. Societ√† Editrice Esculapio. IV Ed.2014
Lecture slides are available upon request.