DENTAL HYGIENE SCIENCES 2
- Assessment methods
- Learning objectives
- Teaching methods
For each discipline, the student must obtain a minimum score of 18/30
The student will have to take an oral test that will focus on all the disciplines
The questions of the oral test will be related to the program of the teachings of the C.I. to define the
knowledge and understanding (25%), the ability to apply knowledge and understanding
(25%), autonomy of judgment (15%), communication skills (15%) and the ability to learn
(20%) in relation to the theoretical and practical bases aimed at providing the student with cognitive tools
necessary for the understanding of the means and methods of intervention of the different clinical pictures of patients
adults or children, with particular pathologies at the oral and systemic level; relational skills suitable for ambulatory and community areas and within the work environment; improvement of the oral health status.
Final single vote for the Integrated Course
The educational objectives of the Integrated Course are to provide the student with knowledge of the therapeutic process of professional oral hygiene, based on periodontal and carious risk and systemic health, the planning of the oral hygiene treatment plan and the use of the instrumentation suitable for removing and checking every soft or mineralized deposit both above and below the gingiva. In addition, the course provides the student with a theoretical and practical means of applying prevention programs in the clinic and in the community. To this end, the student learns about educational and behavioral models to be applied in establishing a relationship of trust with the patient.
At the end of the lessons and laboratories, the student will be able to apply the following working methods:
1. Collect, analyze, archive and subsequently compare the data collected during clinical visits. This process will take place through a thorough knowledge of the oral manifestations affecting the soft and hard tissues of the mouth, linking theoretical and clinical abilities.
2. Choose and adequately use instruments and devices for the correct treatment of professional oral hygiene.
3. Apply the materials for sealing and isolation of the surgical field (use in clinical settings as primary and secondary prevention of carious pathology).
4. Knowing how to use the camera for clinical, educational, legal medical questions, treatment plan and control over time of the pathologies in progress. Use the software settings correctly, the hardware components of the camera to make correct photographs for clinical purposes.
5. Evaluate indications and contraindications to professional oral hygiene therapy in patients with particular pathologies.
6. Apply health education methods in relation to oral health problems (diet evaluation, support for smoking cessation)
Refer to single modules
Refer to single modules
Lectures and practical exercises as well as group work