HISTORY OF MEDICINE
A good general knowledge acquired by the media and literary texts.
The Course tries to promote the competence of the students in some medical humanities and professional regulation disciplines. In details as follows:
Training the students for a coherent ethical reasoning in biomedical contexts of research, practice and work; fostering the personal skills in perceiving a moral dilemma, in justifying an individual evaluation and in dealing with a disagreement inside the staff; implementing the competences in narrative ethics.
ORGANIZATION AND REGULATION of the PROFESSION (OR):
The aim of the course is to give to the students the basic knowledge in order to reach a good professional awareness analyzing the development of this new professional figure and the laws that rule the activity too.
We’ll consider the different operational skills of the Radiographer in a Public Hospital and we’ll provide the information about the District and National College of Radiographers.
Specific educational objective:to give to the students the basic knowledge in order to reach a good professional awareness analyzing the professional development of the laws and rules of the Radiographer’s activities.
HISTORY of MEDICINE (SdM):
objective of the course is to provide students with educational tools useful for understanding History of Medicine and Paleopathology.
At the end of the course, the student is expected to have acquired the following skills:
1) To know History of Medicine and Paleopathology
2) To understand the developments of Medicine for different biomedical specialties
3) Be able to recognize the most common pathologies in osteoarchaeological finds
4) To know the biomedical techniques applied to the study of osteoarchaeological finds
5) To understand the meaning of pathocenosis
Definition of biomedical ethics; bioethics at the beginning and end of life; ethical issues in the research, in the clinical practice (truth telling, confidentiality, consent and so on), in the public health care (justice, vaccination, organ transplantation, animal rights, and so on) [for details, see the index of the suggested handbooks].
- The professional figure of the Radiographer: its origins and development.
- The development of the laws that rules the Radiographer profession.
- DM 746/94: the profession of the Radiographer.
- The professional training of the Radiographer: the Degree Certificate in Radiological Techniques in Medicine.
- The organization of the Public Hospitals.
- The Radiographer’s skills in: Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiotherapy and Health Physics.
- The Standards of Professional Practice for the Radiographer, the Hospital’s Ethics Code and the code of conduct for civil servants.
- The Local and National Professional Association of Radiographers.
- The cultural societies of the National Professional Association of Radiographers. The continuous professional development and medical education credits system for the Radiographers.
HISTORY of MED:
1) Introduction to History of Medicine and the prehistory of the cure
2) Biomedical techniques for the study of ancient human remains
3) Paleopathology. Study of pathological evidences of osteoarcheological finds
4) Medicine of the Ancient near East
5) Egyptian medicine
6) Greek-Roman medicine
7) Medicine of the Middle Ages and monastic medicine. The Salerno school and the Universities
8) Anatomical theaters and History of Medicine of Renaissance Period
9) Medicine of the 18th and 19th centuries
11) The 20th century
P.M. Cattorini, Bioetica.Metodo ed elementi di base per affrontare problemi clinici, Elsevier, Milano, 4th ed. , 2011; P.M. Cattorini, Bioetica e cinema, FrancoAngeli, Milano, 2° ed. 2006; T.L. Beauchamp – J.F. Childress, Principles of Biomedical Ethics, Oxford Univ. Press, last edition; G.Boniolo-P.Maugeri, Eds., Etica alle frontiere della biomedicina Milano, Mondadori, 2014; D. Neri, La bioetica in laboratorio, Roma-Bari, Laterza, 2005.
A. E. Cardinale “Immagini e segni dell’uomo - storia della Radiologia italiana” Idelson – Gnocchi Editore, Napoli 1995.
AA.VV. “Riscrivere la Professione” AEDO – TSRM, Biella 2002.
F. Ascolese, P. Binetti, B. Beomonte Zobel “Dal Core Competence al Core Curriculum” - Società Editrice Universo, Roma 2008.
A. Scardino “Normativa e storia illustrata tecnico-sanitaria di radiologia medica” Marrapese Editore, Roma 2008.
Additional letter of the laws, Standards Professional Practice and Ethical Code. Presidential decree n. 62 april 16, 2013.
Slides of the lessons.
Giuseppe Armocida, Bruno Zanobio. Storia della Medicina. II ed. 2002.
Marta Licata. Questioni emergenti in Osteoarcheologia, 2016.