TRATTAMENTO DELL'URGENZA ODONTOIATRICA
Pre-requisites are those provided by the bachelor''s degree program.
The course aims to provide the student, with the help of frontal lessons and exercises on simulator mannequins, knowledge of emergency medical situations that may be present in the dental office and the diagnostic-therapeutic algorithms of their management.
The expected learning outcomes in terms of ability are those that are able to recognize and treat situations such as lipotymy, orthostatic hypotension, asthma attack, anaphylactic reaction, hypoglycaemic crisis, seizure crisis, angina crisis, foreign body suffocation, sudden cardiac arrest. In particular, the student will be enabled as BLSD provider for the AREU of the Lombardia Region.
The contents of lessons (L) and exercises (E) are:
1) epidemiology of medical emergencies in the dental study (L 1 h.);
2) methodological and organizational approach to medical emergency in the dental practice (L 3 h.);
3) clinical situations with alteration of consciousness and their management (L 2 h.);
4) clinical situations with respiratory impairment and their management (L 2 h.);
5) clinical situations with cardiocirculatory impairment and their management (L 2 h.);
6) sudden cardiac death and Basic Life Support with early Defibrillation (L 5 h. + E 5 h for BLSD accreditation by the AREU of Lombardy Region);
7) Provision and management of emergency instruments and drugs in the dental practice (L 3 h. + E 2 h.).
- M. Chiaranda: Emergenze mediche nello studio odontoiatrico, Piccin, Padova, 2018