ANESTESIA GENERALE E SPECIALISTICA ODONTOSTOMATOLOGICA
Pre-requisites are those provided by the bachelor''s degree program.
The course aims to provide the student with knowledge about the drugs used for local anesthesia and sedation procedures in dentistry, with the techniques of administration and the possible complications associated with them. The expected learning outcomes in terms of ability are to acquire an appropriate evaluation method for the choice of the drug and to perform the most appropriate anesthesia technique in relation to the dental treatment goal and clinical conditions of the individual patient.
The lesson contents are:
1) anatomy and physiology of dental pain (1 h);
2) clinical evaluation of comorbidities and risks related to dental surgery (2 h);
3) pharmacology of local anesthetics and vasoconstrictors (2 h);
4) tools for local anesthesia in dentistry (2 h);
5) locoregional anesthesia techniques (4 h);
6) conscious sedation techniques in dentistry (4 h);
7) prevention and treatment of postoperative pain and possible complications of local anesthesia (3 h).
- M.Chiaranda: Emergenze mediche nello studio odontoiatrico. 1° Ed. Piccin, 2018
- G. Manani, E. Facco, G. Zanette: Anestesia odontoiatrica ed emergenze. 3a Ed. Idelson-Gnocchi, 2011
- Other material provided by the teacher