SCIENZE DELL'APPARATO LOCOMOTORE
Basic prerequisite is a good knowledge of the anatomy and the physiology of the musculoskeletal system
The final evaluation consists of an oral exam in the three subjects that constitute the integrated course.
The final vote is the sum of the votes in tenths obtained in the three subjects.
The course aims to make students acquire:
- knowledge of pathologies of the musculoskeletal system and sports traumatology. Traumatic osteoarticular, muscular and tendon muscle injuries and in pathologies due to functional overload, postural deficits and direct trauma will be treated.
- the concepts necessary to understand the cardio-circulatory, ventilating and metabolic adaptations during exercise, even in particular environmental conditions (high altitude, in immersion).
- knowledge of oxidative metabolism, in particular the concept of kinetics of adaptation of oxygen consumption and its applications in the pathophysiological field (myopathies).
- integration of the acquired orthopedic and physiological knowledge
DISEASES OF THE LOCOMOTOR SYSTEM
Fractures: generalities, classification, complications and treatment
Dislocation and sprain: definition and anatomic notion of the most frequent joint involved, treatment
The knee: anatomy. Meniscal, chondral and ligamentous lesions. Treatment
Muscular lesion: diagnosis and treatment
Overload pathologies: classification, risk factors and treatment.
Spine pathology: scoliosis, chronic back pain and herniated disk.
FISIOLOGIA DEGLI ORGANI DI MOVIMENTO E FISIOLOGIA APPLICATA ALLO SPORT
- Skeletal muscle: structure and function. Muscle action. Neural control of human movement.
- Energy for physical activity: phosphate-creatine. The lactic acid system. The aerobic system (maximal oxygen consumption and kinetics of oxygen uptake at the onset of exercise). Focus on myopathy.
- Carbohydrates, lipids, proteins. Vitamins, minerals and water. Best nutrition during exercise.
- Oxygen transport and utilization: Fick’s equation. Pulmonary ventilation during exercise. Kidney, acid base balance, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system. Cardiovascular system during exercise.
- Upper body exercise.
- High altitude. Diving: physiology and physiopathology.
Training methodology: adaptations, sport loads with their principles, physiologic training adaptations (aerobic, anaerobic, anabolic).
Sports physiology: apparatus adaptations at the training loads.
Traumatology: acute and chronic trauma and their treatment.
Auxology : sensible years, development factors.
Neurophysiology: movement learning, logical movement aspects.
Basic life support: algorithms, intensive care maneuvrer.
Doping: methods and doping substances, indications and contraindications.