ECONOMY AND MANAGEMENT OF TURISM ENTERPRISE
Knowledge of the basic concepts of business administration and mathematics. Therefore, before this course it is suggested to attend the course of Business administration.
The exam consists of a written test and an optional oral exam. The written test is composed of a first part multiple choices and a second part composed of two open-ended questions.
The objective of the course is applying the competences acquired during the courses of the first year to the tourism sector comprehending the various subsectors (accommodation, transportations, distribution). The first part of the course focuses on the general concepts of management and corporate strategy. The second part of the course deals with management and organizing strategies of the specific subsectors: accommodation, tour operating and travel distribution, the airline industry.
The expected learning outcomes include:
- Knowledge and understanding: the ability to make proper use of the terminology and concepts learned during the course;
- Applying knowledge and understanding: the ability to apply theoretical concepts acquired during the course to the various tourism sectors through the analysis of case studies and lectures of tourism managers.
- Communication skills: ability to interact during lectures and project works in order to develop problem solving skills and discuss the results achieved.
Part I (30 hours)
Prof. Roberta Minazzi
1. Business management
2. The travel sector and tourism services
3. The services sector
4. Accomodation: classification, management strategies and organization
5. Tour operating: classification, management strategies and organization
6. The airline industry: classification, management strategies and organization
7. Revenue management
Part II (25 hours)
Prof. Giulio Palma
8. Financial reporting in travel companies:
9. Financial management
MAURI A.G., Le imprese alberghiere. Strategie e marketing, McGraw-Hill, Milano 2011 ISBN 978-88-386-7255-2.
Lectures slides posted in the E-learnig platform.
Theoretical lectures, case studies, lectures of tourism managers on specific parts of the program, project works in groups.