A good general knowledge acquired by the media and literary texts.
Training the students for a coherent ethical reasoning in biomedical, social and educational contexts of health care research, practice and work; fostering the personal skills in perceiving a moral dilemma, in justifying an individual evaluation and in dealing with a disagreement inside the staff; implementing the competences in narrative ethics.
Educational virtues and health care skills. Definition of biomedical ethics; bioethics at the beginning and end of life; psychotherapy and ethics; ethical issues in the research, in the clinical practice (truth telling, confidentiality, consent and so on), in the public health care (justice, vaccination, organ transplantation, animal rights, and so on) [for details, see the index of the suggested handbooks]. Teaching methodology: theoretical lessons; group debate; interpretation of emotional responses; applying principles to narrative plots.
- P.M. Cattorini, Bioetica.Metodo ed elementi di base per affrontare problemi clinici, Elsevier, Milano, 4th ed., 2011
- P.M. Cattorini, Bioetica e cinema, FrancoAngeli, Milano, 2° ed. 2006
- T.L. Beauchamp – J.F. Childress, Principles of Biomedical Ethics, Oxford Univ. Press, last edition
- G.Boniolo-P.Maugeri, Eds., Etica alle frontiere della biomedicina Milano, Mondadori, 2014
- D. Neri, La bioetica in laboratorio, Roma-Bari, Laterza, 2005.