MEDICINA PERIOPERATORIA E TERAPIA INTENSIVA
Pre-requisites are those provided by the course's degree program. In order to be able to take advantage of the course, the student should have a solid knowledge of physiopathology, clinic and diagnostics of major medical and surgical pathologies and adequate knowledge of the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of the main emergency molecules.
The course aims to provide the students, with the help of front lessons and exercises on simulator mannequins, knowledge of the most common emergency situations that may threaten the survival of patients, adults or children, both intra- and extra-hospital, and the diagnostic-therapeutic algorithms of their management.
The expected learning outcomes in terms of skills are primarily those to acquire decision-making and nursing care capabilities in the most common clinical situations of acute failure of organs and apparatus, and in particular in case of cardiac arrest, cardiovascular insufficiency, respiratory failure, major trauma before and after hospitalization.
The basic contents of lessons (L) and exercises on simulator mannequins (E) are:
1) decision-making in emergency situations (L 2 h);
2) organization of outpatient and intra-hospital emergency medical situations (L 2 h);
3) pathophysiology of respiratory and cardio-circulation (L 2 h);
4) Sudden Cardiac Attack and Basic Life Support with Early Defibrillation (L 2 h + 5 hrs to obtain accreditation in BLSD of the Regione Lombardia);
5) care in the treatment of cardiac arrest with Advanced Life Support, threatening arrhythmias, cardio-circulatory and respiratory failure (L 2 h);
6) care in the treatment of major trauma before and after hospitalization (L 2 h);
7) principles of general anesthesia and pain control (L 2 h);
8) prevention tools of post-operative pulmonary complications (L 2 h);
9) application of Non Invasive Ventilation (L 2 h).
- "Urgencies and Emergencies - Institutions" by Chiaranda M.
publisher Piccin - Padova, IV edition 2016; pages 750
-Learning material distributed by the teacher during the lessons.