- ATTIVITA' DIDATTICA ELETTIVA 1
- BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES
- DENTAL HYGIENE SCIENCES 1
- ETHICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL AND MEDICAL LEGAL PRINCIPLES
- FONDAMENTI FISIOPATOLOGICI DELLA VITA
- FONDAMENTI MORFOLOGICI DELLA VITA
- GESTIONE E STERILIZZAZIONE RIUNITO ODONTOIATRICO
- LABORATORIO PROFESSIONALE 1
- PHYSICS AND STATISTICS
- PROFESSIONAL TRAINEESHIP 1
- SCIENTIFIC ENGLISH
- SCIENZE FISIOPATOLOGICHE
- SICUREZZA ED IGIENE NEGLI AMBIENTI DI LAVORO
funzione in un contesto di lavoro:
competenze associate alla funzione:
- Igienisti dentali - 126.96.36.199.3
At the end of the course graduates in Dental Hygiene will be able to:
- Autonomously manage the non-surgical treatment of periodontal disease and caries prevention, following the dentist’s advice.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment plan, the interventions made and the results achieved and to recognize their limitations while assisting patients as well as recognize the need to address patients to other specialists (for dental-rehabilitation or medical treatments).
Graduates acquire their “Making Judgements” skills through scientific papers reading or specific items reading. The final work, provided with bibliography (degree thesis), will be expressly directed to the acquisition of “Making Judgements”.
At the end of the course graduates in Dental Hygiene will:
- be able to explain to the patient the therapeutic maneuvers, giving appropriate information based on scientific evidence, in order to obtain the patients informed consent;
- be able to act on patients compliance, thus increasing their motivation;
- be able to clearly and methodologically transmit, also with the help of new technologies, the importance of dental prevention, of healthy lifestyles and the importance of dental hygienist professional, in order to communicate both with specialists non non-specialists;
- have deep knowledge of the English language, useful for texts and journals reading and understanding as well;
- be able to collaborate with other health professionals, deepening their knowledge of skills and dynamics that characterize the profession;
Communication skills are developed and tested through frontal lessons, seminars, clinical traineeship and through the presentation of the final work (using multimedia tools in front of the Degree Commission).
At the end of the course graduates in Dental Hygiene will be able to update the acquired theoretical knowledge through consultation and analysis of scientific publications on Dental Hygiene Sciences, through online databases as well.
In particular, graduates in Dental Hygiene will: acquire enough knowledge and methodological skills sufficient to autonomously continue their career, study and cultural growth (Master Degree, Post-graduate degree, Specialization courses).
In addition, graduates must be able to properly interpret the legislation required by the Dental Hygienist profession in accordance with the medical-legal-ethical rules of the EU country where they practice.
Learning skills are constantly evaluated through assessments, bearing in mind the knowledge acquired through specific course activities (in addition to those achieved by personal study): methodology lab of online and printed bibliographic research; guided reading intended to critically evaluate the scientific and professional literature both Italian and in English; evaluation of the critical contribution shown during the clinical traineeship, during seminar or lab activities; self-learning skills check.
The results will be assessed through:
- Project-work, reports on specific research tasks;
- Tutorial supervision over the traineeship path;
- Lively participation in working and briefing sessions;
- Punctuality and quality in the presentation of final exam papers (graduation thesis).
Students graduate in Dental Hygiene after passing a final exam which takes place in two sessions: October-November and March-April . The final exam consists of a written paper a test to evaluate the technical and practical skills acquired. The written paper will be previously evaluated by an appointed internal commission that, before the expiry of the final exam admission application date, will examine the judge the papers as suitable or unsuitable. The internal commission itself will then propose to the final exam commission a final mark.
The candidate will describe the content of the thesis, supported by computer aids thus proving to have acquired knowledge, synthesis and relationship skills.
The final examination is successfully passed after suitability to the practical test.
The final mark is expressed as /110 with possible honors provided the student has gained at least 3 “cum laude” with the curricular exams.