Biographic note of Daniele Cassani
2017--Present Associate Professor of Mathematical Analysis, Department of Science and High Technology, Universita' degli Studi dell'Insubria, Como.
(Abilitation to Full Professor 09/09/2019)
2016--Present President of RISM - Riemann International School of Mathematics, villa Toeplitz, Varese. Scientific Board: E. Bombieri (IAS - Princeton), R. Donagi (Univ. Pennsylvania), I. Ekeland (Univ. Paris Dauphine), M. Hairer (Imperial College - London), L. Nirenberg (CIMS - NY), A. Quarteroni (EPFL and Polimi).
2018-Present Member of the Board of Directors of University of Insubria.
2018-Present Member of the Managing Board of Seminario Matematico e Fisico di Milano.
2019-Present Member of the Riemann Prize Committee, recipient of the first edition 2019: Terence Tao.
2017 Member of the Committee for a comparative evaluation for Associate Professorship at Università degli Studi della Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli”.
2016 Member of the Committee for the XXXII call of the PhD program in Informatica e Matematica del Calcolo.
2012--2018 Institutional appointments. Member of: University Counseling Committee, University Disciplinary Board, University Research Funds Committee, Managing Board of Ph.D. school in Computer Science and Computational Mathematics, Managing Board of RISM.
2008--Present Visiting Professor: CMAF-CIO Universidade de Lisboa, Zhejiang Normal University (China), Osaka City University (Japan), Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro, Universidade Federal de Paraiba (Brazil).
2012--2017 Senior Research Fellow, Department of Science and High Technology, Universita' degli Studi dell'Insubria, Como.
2007--2011 Lecturer, Dep. of Mathematics, Politecnico di Milano.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Dep. of Mathematics, Universita' di Milano.
2006--2007 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, PIMS - Pacific Institute for Mathematical Sciences, University of British Columbia - Vancouver.
2005 Ph.D. in Mathematics, Universita' degli Studi di Milano, Advisor: prof. Bernhard Ruf, Dissertation on: "Nonlinear elliptic systems with critical growth"
2001 Master's Degree in Mathematics, Univ. di Milano, Summa cum laude.
2020 Bose-Einstein systems in dimension two, Workshop on Nonlinear PDEs and Applications, University of Perugia.
La Matematica nel mondo reale, L'influenza di Leonardo Pisano nell'arte, nella matematica, nella scienza e nell'economia, Chiasso.
2019 Nonlinear Systems of Elliptic PDEs and Applications, China-Italy Conference on Partial Differential Equations and Their Applications, Fudan University, Shanghai.
Bose fluids and positive solutions to weakly coupled elliptic system in the plane, Università di Roma La Sapienza.
2018 New Critical Phenomena in Nonlinear Nonlocal Schrödinger equations, Recent Ad- vances in Nonlinear Analysis, Levico Terme - Trento.
Choquard type equations with Hardy-Littlewood-Sobolev upper- and lower-critical growth, Università di Roma la Sapienza.
Critical aspects of Choquard type equations, Politecnico di Milano.
2017 "Critical and supercritical Hamiltonian systems of Schroedinger equations in dimension two", Mostly Maximum Principle, BIRS, Banff - Canada.
- “Nonlocal Schroedinger equations with Hardy-Littlewood-Sobolev critical exponents", X Workshop on Nonlinear Differential Equations, University of Brasilia.
- “Choquard type equations with H-L-S critical growth", CMAF-CIO, Lisbon.
2016 "A priori estimates and semiclassical ground states for systems of critical Schroedinger equations in R2", Zhejiang Normal University, Jinhua, China.
- “A nonlocal Schroedinger equation in dimension two", Osaka City University, Japan.
2015 "Pohozaev-Trudinger-Moser type inequalities via Zygmund spaces", University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- “Supercritical systems of Schroedinger equations in dimension two", Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University.
- “Hamiltonian systems of Schroedinger equations with supercritical exponential growth, Universita' di Pisa.
2014 "Direct and inverse problems related to MEMS", PDE's, Inverse Problems and Control Theory, Universita' degli Studi di Bologna.
- “Singular nonlinearities in PDE and applications to MEMS", AIMS Conference in Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications, Madrid.
- “Moser type inequalities in the whole plane and the zero mass case", AIMS Conference in Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications, Madrid.
2013 "Supercritical elliptic systems of Schroedinger equations in dimension two", Universita' Mediterranea, Reggio Calabria.
2012 "A new insight into Moser's inequality", Workshop on Nonlinear Differential Equations, Universidade Federal de Paraiba, Joao Pessoa, Brazil.
- “Group invariance and Pohozaev identity in Moser type inequalities", Workshop on Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, Universita' degli Studi di Perugia.
2011 "A Moser inequality for the 1-bilaplacian", Workshop on nonlinear PDEs and functional inequalities, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid.
- “Moser inequalities in Zygmund spaces", Universita' di Catania.
2010 "Borderline cases for second order Moser type inequalities", Institut fur Mathematik, Universitat Basel.
Other professional contributions.
2019—Present Lele Du, Zhejiang Normal University; Irfan Nurhidayat, National Taiwan Normal University.
2016--2019 PhD supervision: Delia Schiera, Universita' degli Studi dell'Insubria.
Postdoc supervision: Dr. Jianjun Zhang, Chongqing Jiaotong University; Dr. Luca Vilasi, Univ. Messina, Dr. Youjun Wang, South China University of Technology.
2019—Present PI of the project “Riemann Prize”.
2014--Present Organizer of more then 20 international conferences and 3 international schools:
- RISM 4 (2015), “Nonlinear Phenomena in Mathematics and Economics”, director: I. Ekeland, (Univ. Paris-Dauphine);
- RISM 5 (2017, with the participation of Simons Foundation), “Topological and Algebraic Advances in Quantum Field Theory”, director: R. Donagi, (Univ. of Pennsylvania);
- RISM 6 (2018), “Developments in Stochastic Partial Differential Equations”, director: M. Hairer, (Imperial College - London);
2004--Present Referee for more than 20 international journals.
2001--Present Member of Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica and Seminario Matematico e Fisico di Milano.
2019-Present, Editor of Milan Journal of Mathematics.
2017 Member of the Committee for a comparative evaluation for Associate Professorship at Universita' degli Studi della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli".
2016 Member of the Committee for the XXXII call of the PhD program in "Computer Science and Computational Mathematics".
2014 Member of the Committee for the XXX call of the PhD program in "Computer Science and Computational Mathematics".
2009 Collaborator and author of Istituto della Enciclopedia Italiana fondata da Giovanni Treccani and scientific revisor of Garzanti publishing house.
Research Fields. Nonlinear Analysis, PDE and systems of PDE, Calculus of Variations, Functional Inequalities, Applications to MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical-Systems).
Google Scholar: 39 papers, Citations 505, H-index 14.
Mathscinet: 30 papers, Citations 288, H-index 10.
Scopus: 28 papers, Citations 345, H-index 11.